Damian had to work late, so he could take off for Thanksgiving. He's trying so hard to get Fall Harvest wrapped up, but it's taking forever, so Heather decided to come out and spend the afternoon and grill steak. She got the steaks marinating in the fridge, then we went on a Ranger ride down to the creek, which was fun, but COLD! When we got back, she wouldn't let me do ANYTHING to help. She peeled the potatoes, which I HATE to do, grilled the steak, cleaned up the mess. It was AWESOME!! The steaks were SO GOOD! I didn't even know she could cook!
Then the surprises came! Two very special friends, Christy and Donna, showed up for an evening full of laughter and an edge-of-your-seat (literally) game of Nertz! Christy made a beautiful double layer cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate shavings on top and Donna brought chips and dip...add Diet Coke and its the perfect party! We had cake and when Damian came home I opened my gifts. Many of you know that I have been wanting an I-Pod, a bright green one, and that Damian had made it very clear that wasn't his plan. Little did I know, he had given the money to Heather and had her go to Wichita and get it for him. Is that love or what?! He is not into all that technological stuff, but he wanted me to have a special birthday, so he caved...so sweet!
I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. We laughed until we cried, in fact! We learned a lot about one-another, probably more than we really need to know, but what fun we had! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends! Thank you all for sharing in my special day and being part of my life! A special thanks to Heather for pulling it all together and not giving a single thing away! YOU ROCK SISTER!! Thanks to the girls who sent cards, but couldn't come. The day before Thanksgiving is a busy time to try and celebrate a birthday, but you all made it one I won't soon forget!
Another birthday note...
On Tuesday, Michelle, Diane and I spent the day shopping together in Newton. We all have birthdays in November, so we like to celebrate together, if we can. Last year didn't work out, but this year we visited High Street Company (Thanks for introducing us to it, Donna!), Main Street Company and few other shops. We ate lunch at a little deli that was really yummy! I even had avocado spread on my turkey club sandwich! Aren't you proud, mom?? I'm a terribly picky eater, so I have come a LONG way! It was so great to spend the day with two very dear friends and we hope to make it an annual adventure! Sorry there aren't any pics. I forgot my camera! I'm new at this blogging thing and didn't go prepared! I promise to do better in the future!
I've had such a great week so far and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Thanksgiving dinner in Marion with the fam! Good food and good company...sounds like a perfect combination! Hopefully I won't forget my camera!




No comments:
Post a Comment