Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'M BACK!!

It's been a very LONG time since I have visited Blogger Land, well besides the occasional lurking on everyone else's sights. While on my break I discovered an incredibly fun way to waste time on the computer...FACEBOOK. I feel sort of like I've been 'cheating' on my blog because I've posted pictures of some pretty important moments so far in 2009...finally finished M&M's bedroom suite, Brooklyn got glasses, we took M&M to Washington DC, Damian went on the John Deere Gold Key Tour at the factory in Waterloo, Iowa...lots of really good stuff! I won't even attempt to catch you all up in one post because it would take way too long, but I will try to add pictures soon.

One of my goals for 2009 is to go through the entire house and CLEAN OUT!! Progress has been slow, but I have started to make a dent in the mountain of stuff we have accumulated. I'm not sure where it all comes from...maybe it has learned to reproduce on its own? Now that would be scary!

Free time will continue to be in short supply this Spring as Garrett has started baseball, Montana is playing softball and it is time for Spring planting. The weather hasn't been very cooperative, which makes it difficult for Damian to get the corn and the beans in before hay season takes over our lives until sometime in the Fall.

As we struggle with the dilemma of never having enough hours in the day, God has been reminding me over-and-over that the amount of time that we have is out of our control. In the sermon today our pastor was speaking on true joy and one of his points was that we need to reevaluate our activities, including religious ones, to be sure our priorities are in the right order because we don't know how much time we have here in this life. I know that God wants us to make the most of each moment we are given and, if we will let Him take the lead, the fullness of our lives will be beyond our comprehension.

So as I try to get organized and 'keep up' with all that life throws my way, I'm trying to listen to God and do the things that matter most...hug Garrett as much as I can before he decides it's not cool to be seen hugging his mom, read to Brooklyn - even if it means reading the same story a hundred times, talk to Michaela and Montana and more importantly really listen as they tell me the joys and sorrows (drama :-> ) of their life, and do what I can to ease Damian's burden as he works long hours this summer...simply to be a loving, supportive wife and mother. But it's not always so simple, is it? I know that God has a purpose for my life that goes beyond these roles...someday...but for now I must fulfill my calling in this moment and pray for the dreams that the future holds.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff sister!!! Welcome back! Your post is very timely! :)

Love you!
Heather

Christa said...

I'm glad your back!! Can't wait to hear all about the fun times on the farm. Miss ya,

Christa

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

Whoo Hoo! Welcome back!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Glad you are back...headed to link you on my blog right now...