Tuesday, June 9, 2009

M&M Turn 11

I cannot believe my girls are turning 11 this year! Their birthday is actually this Friday and we are having a pizza and bowling party at Lakepoint with their friends. However, since our family is rather large, we had a family party on Sunday night with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. My brother, Jansen, his wife Kim and daughter Shye couldn't make it, but everyone else made an appearance.

This is the cake I finished decorating at, oohhh, 2:30 in the morning. It really didn't take that long, but my sister came down from Manhattan and spent the night, SO we spent as much time talking as decorating! ;-) LOVE YOU WHIT!!

This is Michaela getting ready to blow out her half of the candles...

Now it's Montana's turn. They shared a cake this year, but we sang Happy Birthday separately and let them blow out their own candles. Afterall, twins shouldn't have to ALWAYS share EVERYTHING!

Montana got the blue and green bat that she has been wanting for softball.

Michaela got a new, blue digital camera. She has taken at least 100 pictures since then!

We had a lot of fun eating cake and visiting with family. The girls are really looking forward to celebrating with their friends on Friday. However, June is such a busy month that several aren't going to be able to come. I'm guessing that means a sleepover is in our future later this summer!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I love that cake!! What a cute idea! And oh the dreaded sleepover...I don't envy you on that one!!