
This is Damian's new Air Seeder. He has gone 100% no-till which is why there is so much plant growth still in the field. It provides good ground cover to hold in moisture and help prevent soil erosion. It is also very good for lowering the fuel bill, since he doesn't have to work the ground numerous times prior to planting.

Damian forgot to take his lunch, so the girls and I loaded up in the Ranger to take him something to eat. We sent Brooklyn in the tractor with Daddy while M&M and I went and got the pick up and the seed cart from the last field. The girls dropped me off at the truck and drove the Ranger back to where Damian was and I drove the truck. I wish I was quicker with the camera because a HUGE deer jumped the fence and crossed the road right in front of us...beautiful! I guess I was focusing on the girls driving without me sitting right next to them. Makes me kinda nervous! They did a great job, though, and after Damian filled up with seed we took the Ranger and the truck back to the house because we would be in town by the time he was ready to move everything home.
This all happened on Thursday, which was a very busy day for us. After leaving the field we got around and headed in for gymnastics in Augusta, then to El Dorado for part of Montana's softball game until time to take Garrett to his baseball game which was back in Augusta. Damian finished his field in time to make it in to the game. He isn't able to make it to many this time of year, so Garrett was very happy to see him! After Garrett's game we went and watched our friend Quinten play. It was a lot of fun and a much faster paced game than machine pitch! We finally headed home about 10:30, lucky for us we got to sleep in on Friday! Yay!!The only disappointment was missing the last half of Montana's game. AFTER we left she hit a triple AND a double! The closed a 14 run spread and ended up losing the game by only 1 run. Next time I'm sure we'll take 'em! ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment